REDEFINING THE FUTURE OF CAR T
Allogene is working to overcome the limitations of autologous CAR T therapies by creating investigational allogeneic CAR T cell products, or AlloCAR T™ products. Unlike autologous cell therapy, AlloCAR T™ products use T cells from healthy donors.
These cells are isolated in a manufacturing facility, engineered to express CARs to recognize and destroy disease, and modified via gene editing to limit autoimmune response when given to a patient. These products are then stored for off-the-shelf use on demand. We believe that, at scale, a single manufacturing run has the potential to yield treatment for 100+ patients.
Doing What No Autologous Treatment Has Done Before
- Potential to treat all eligible patients
- No need for complex logistics
- Scalable and efficient manufacturing
- Potential to treat 100+ patients from a single manufacturing run
- Lower ancillary costs
- Off-the-shelf for on-demand treatment
- Less product variability, made from healthy T cells
- Multiplex gene-engineering and gene-editing capabilities
- Opportunity for product optimization
The next revolution in cell therapy is the development of AlloCAR T™ products engineered from the T cells of healthy donors. These off-the-shelf CAR T products, enhanced by gene editing, could be the next most important breakthrough in the field.
THE DIFFERENCE STARTS WITH HEALTHY DONORS
AlloCARS™ HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO TREAT PATIENTS IN DAYS
TurboCAR™: TURBOCHARGING CAR T CELLS
- TurboCAR™ is designed to recapitulate cytokine signaling selectively in CAR T
– Does not stimulate host immune cells which could cause systemic toxicity or reject CAR
– Delivers survival benefit selectively to CAR T cells
- Opportunities for development include
– Improving the efficacy of CAR T cells
– Reducing CAR T cell dose requirement
– Overcoming exhaustion to enable CAR T to be used for solid tumors
- Improved engraftment and persistence and delayed exhaustion seen preclinical studies
ELIMINATION OF TCR IN DONOR T CELLS MAY CONTROL GvHD
ALLO-647: SELECTIVE LYMPHODEPLETION MAY DELAY GRAFT REJECTION
Host T Cell Recovery Delayed by Addition of Anti-CD52
STATE-OF-THE-ART, IN-HOUSE MANUFACTURING FOR ON-DEMAND AlloCAR T™ AVAILABILITY
Maintaining state-of-the-art, world-class manufacturing capabilities is at the core of our strategy to deliver readily available cell products faster, more reliably, and at greater scale. Our manufacturing facility, Cell Forge 1, located in Newark, California, in the eastern region of the San Francisco Bay Area, is designed for clinical and commercial manufacturing, analytical testing and distribution of cell products. This facility provides in-house quality assurance and quality control, per current good manufacturing practices (cGMPs), to ensure a reliable supply of AlloCARs™ for our clinical programs and commercial products, pending regulatory approval.